Thursday, August 31, 2017

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

It has been a fun, exhausting, exciting, sweet first week of school with our new class!  We have learned about our classroom, explored math materials, practiced school expectations, read a lot of books, enjoyed the playground, had our first Art class with Mrs. Blanchard, tried a fun STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Math) experiment with special guest helper Mrs. Jordan (our new Assistant Principal), and had a blast getting acquainted and helping each other prepare for a great year!  I'm including a link to buggyandbuddy.com; if you search for "chromatography" on the site it will take you to a family activity that is similar to the one we did in class-all you need are some markers, coffee filters, and water.  Given the forecast for the weekend, I thought you might get a chance to try it! :)





Thank you so much for a) reading this blog every week! :), for b) all of the amazing classroom supplies you have sent in!!! <3 and for c) returning alllllll of those forms!  Since my son graduated this spring, it's the first time in almost 20 years that I haven't had to do that myself-so I totally understand how much time it takes!

I will get the Class Directory to you next week if everyone has returned the form.  Thank you in advance for using the form to contact classmates' families about birthday parties/play dates/etc. :)

Thank you also for getting the kids' dismissal information to me!  We had a smooth first week thanks to your help!

Thank you for letting me know if your child needs breakfast/hot lunch/milk for home lunch-I have to give a count to the office first thing in the morning so the cafeteria can be ready, and first grader memories are not always 100% accurate ;)

Looking ahead...

Please read the information in this week's Eagle News about Homework, Communication, and other topics :)

This year will be amazing, and will go soooo fast!  Thank you for your help in making it the best it can be for your child and for our class!  I look forward to working with everyone in the coming months!

:)
Becca